MVCAP ERA-2 Rental and Utility Assistance Program
Rental and utility assistance is available for eligible rental households in Darke, Greene, Preble, and Montgomery Counties.
Households meeting the following criteria may for the MVCAP ERA-2 Rental and Utility Assistance Program:
- Households of one or more individuals who are obligated to pay rent or a primary residential dwelling in Darke, Greene, Montgomery, or Preble Counties in the State of Ohio.
- Households which include undocumented residents are eligible for assistance.
- Eligible households must be able to answer “yes” to one of these two questions:
- Is the household income at or below 50% of area median income (AMI); OR
- Has a member of the household been unemployed for at least the 90 consecutive days prior to the date of application?
- The household experienced a hardship during or due to (directly or indirectly) the coronavirus pandemic, which may include qualifying for unemployment benefits, experiencing a reduction in income, or incurring significant costs.
Households that have received previous rental assistance from MVCAP since March 2020 are ineligible to apply for this program unless the landlord has filed eviction in court. In these cases, the applicant must provide the court and the eviction case number. Three-day notices to vacate posted by the landlord are not eviction notices.
Landlords may not submit applications on behalf of their tenant(s); however, landlords may encourage their tenants to apply for the program.
Click here for full program specifications and eligibility requirements.
Application Process: The ERA-2 application portal will be opened at 12pm EST on Monday each week. The number of applications accepted each week is limited based on the program’s monthly budget. If you receive a message that we are not accepting applications, please try again the following Monday.