Thinking about starting your own business?
Register for our Lunch & Learn sessions this summer!
-The sessions run July 2nd-July 30th.
-Classes meet Mondays, noon to 1:30 P.M.
-Participants who meet course requirements receive a certificate of completion and will be entered in a raffle.
-Lunch is provided.
NEW HEAP/PIPP+ Appointment Scheduling Options
Miami Valley CAP is excited to announce its new HEAP/PIPP+ scheduling system, powered by ITFrontDesk! Our new system provides customers with the 24/7 ability to schedule by phone, online, or via mobile application.
Here’s what you need to know about the new system:
- To schedule, call (937) 514-4777 or go to http://mvcap.cascheduler.com.
- The former appointment line number (1-866-504-7379) is no longer affiliated with Miami Valley Community Action Partnership. This number has been reassigned and will not schedule you an appointment for PIPP+/HEAP services in Montgomery County. Please utilize the new number or online scheduler to make your appointment.
Appointments are booked according to the following schedule:
- For a next day appointment, you may schedule beginning at 4:30 PM the day prior. Available next-day appointment slots are at 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30 AM and are scheduled, by the phone system or online, the evening prior. Please have your income documentation ready, for all household members, if you plan to schedule a next day appointment. If you have documentation questions, see our checklist, or call and speak to a HEAP Representative at 937-341-5000.
- For an appointment up to 15 days out, you may schedule at any time, until slots are booked. Every Friday, at 4:30 PM, appointment slots for an additional five-business days will be released. Please have your income documentation ready, for all household members, before you schedule an appointment. If you have documentation questions, see our checklist, or call and speak to a HEAP Representative at 937-341-5000.
- The 2018 Winter Crisis Program ended March 31, 2018. Our Summer Cooling Program will being July 1, 2018. At this time, we are accepting applications for PIPP+ enrollment and PIPP+ reverifications. If you are within three business days of your re-verification date and cannot obtain an appointment through our new system, please call our office for assistance. Please explain to the answering representative that you are in immediate threat of removal from the PIPP+ program and provide your reverification date.
- Stay tuned for updates on our upcoming mobile application, through which smartphone users can schedule an appointment, increased appointment hours, and information on the State’s new customer portal.
As always, we appreciate your patience as we make this transition to better serve you.
Individual Development Account (IDA) Program you can benefit from a matched savings account. Enroll in the program to get a match of your savings for use towards a down payment or the closing costs for your new home purchase.
You don’t need to learn how to code to use a computer, but you do have to know the difference between an operating system, a program and a website. Our free classes can get you up to speed in no time.
The 16-week course, inspired by Phil DeVol’s book of the same name, gives participants the tools to overcome poverty by building their resources for a more prosperous life for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Having a suspended driver’s license or a criminal record can make it difficult to move forward with your life. Miami Valley Community Action Partnership’s Montgomery County Legal Clinic has been able to help many people put their past behind them and work towards a brighter future.
About Miami Valley CAP
Community Action Partnership of the Greater Dayton Area was established as a nonprofit corporation in December 1964, with the passage of the Economic Opportunity Act. The goal was “the elimination of the paradox of poverty in the land of plenty,” and created Community Action Agencies to focus all available local, state, private and federal resources on empowering low-income people to attain the skills, knowledge and opportunities required to lead more productive lives and become self-sufficient. Community Action Partnership has an operating budget of approximately $13 million, more than 100 employees and a 21-member Board of Trustees. We are affiliated with the National Community Action Partnership, that represents more than 1,000 Community Action Agencies across the United States who share our goals.
Office Locations by County
Community Action Partnership Montgomery County 719 S. Main Street Dayton, OH 45402 (937) 341-5000
Community Action Partnership Greene County 469 Dayton Avenue Xenia, OH 45385 (937)-376-7747
Community Action Partnership Darke County 1469 Sweitzer Street Greenville, OH 45331 (937) 548-8143
Community Action Partnership Preble County 308 Eaton-Lewisburg Rd. Eaton, OH 45320 (937) 456-2800
Miami Valley CAP News
June 13, 2018 GREENVILLE—A recent financial audit of Miami Valley Community Action Partnership’s Darke County office by the Auditor of State’s office has returned a clean audit report. The Greenville office, located at 1469 Sweitzer Street, was praised for excellent...read more
June 8, 2018 EATON—Miami Valley Community Action Partnership (Miami Valley CAP) is taking a hands-on approach to home repair for low-income, elderly, and disabled residents of Preble County this summer. Through a partnership with the faith-based Group Cares...read more
January 22, 2018 DAYTON—Miami Valley Community Action Partnership, formerly Community Action Partnership of the Greater Dayton Area, officially finalized the organization’s name change earlier this month. The decision was proposed to the agency’s board of trustees by...read more
Miami Valley Community Action Partnership's LaSandra Wright, Director of Micro Enterprise & Computer Training, was recently honored by the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce. Wright was named one of the organization's Volunteers of the Quarter (third quarter 2017)....read more
March 15, 2018 Miami Valley Community Action Partnership’s (MVCAP) Winter Crisis Program (WCP), which helps low-income Ohioans who are threatened with disconnection, have been disconnected or have less than 25 percent supply of bulk fuel in their tank to maintain...read more
EATON--Miami Valley Community Action Partnership's (MVCAP) Preble County office was named a recipient of the Auditor of State Award by the Ohio State Auditor's Office this week. The Eaton location's work with the Preble Metropolitan Housing Association was commended...read more