Emergency financial assistance is offered to income-qualified individuals who are residents of Darke, Greene, Montgomery, or Preble County. The assistance is necessary to solve an immediate, urgent, and short-term needs and will move individuals/families to greater self-sufficiency. Case management will be provided for all emergency service customers to help customers identify and overcome the barriers that prevent economic self-sufficiency and make referrals to partner agencies.
Areas of assistance include:
- Housing – assistance for shelter, back-rent, security deposits/ first month rent, and move-in costs for those transitioning into permanent housing from homelessness, eviction prevention, or temporary shelter if other emergency housing is unavailable.
- Utility Assistance – Residential utility bill payment, including water, for those facing shut-off, have no service, or to pay an arrearage in order to establish new service.
- Transportation – Helping individuals minimize barriers to employment and access to other critical services by providing transportation assistance in the form of minor car repairs. Car repairs must be for the purpose of employment; applicants must have proof of ownership, registration and insurance must be in the client’s name.
Other urgent needs determined on a case-by-case basis, such as essential home furnishings for those transitioning into permanent housing, emergency medical/dental/and prescription needs not covered by insurance.
Rental/Late Fee Assistance
You should pay your rent if you can!
Do you need assistance paying rent?
Water Shut Off
If your water was shut off in 2020:
- Call your local water department to have your water reconnected. Your water will not be automatically reconnected – you must call.
- All reconnection fees will be waived.