Emergency Services

One-time financial help due to unexpected circumstances.

What is Emergency Services? 

One-time financial assistance when no other resources are available –  to solve urgent, short-term problems and promote self-sufficiency. Eligibility requirement: Household income is at or below 125% of Federal Poverty Guideline (individual: $15,612; family of four: $32,187)

  • Rent and eviction assistance
  • Move-in costs when transitioning from homelessness
  • Temporary shelter if emergency housing is unavailable
  • Utility assistance (including water)
  • Other urgent needs as determined on a case-by-case basis
  • Information and referral/short-term case management


Call (937) 341-5000 or email emergencyservices@mvcap.com for information and to schedule an appointment.


What do I need to bring?

  • Photo ID
  • Social Security cards for everyone in your household
  • Proof of income for the last 90 days – for you and everyone in your household over the age of 18. Could include:
    • Paystubs: If paid weekly – 13 paystubs | Bi-weekly – 7 paystubs | Monthly – 3 paystubs
    • Child Support Printout for the last 90 days (If you have a Child Support Order the printout is required even if you are not currently receiving payments)
    • Social Security or SSI Award Letter
    • Public Assistance: TANF |OWF| ADCR | DA Printout including current month
    • Unemployment – summary printout of current claim history
    • Self-Employed – Recent IRS Form 1040 with Schedule C
    • Support Provided by Others – letter with name, address, and contact information from person providing support, describing how much they give and how often
    • Zero or Limited Income – Documented proof of how you are meeting your needs.
  • Housing
    • Current lease with names of all residents
  • Utilities
    • DP&L, Water, and/or Vectren bill with account number

Montgomery County Office
719 S. Main Street
Dayton, OH 45402

New Phone Number and online scheduling beginning Monday, April 15, 2019!

(937) 963-9443

Click here to schedule an appointment

Darke County Office
1469 Sweitzer Street
Greenville, OH 45331
(937) 548-8143

Greene County Office
469 Dayton Avenue
Xenia, OH 45385
(937) 376-7747
(937) 427-3377

Preble County Office
308 Eaton-Lewisburg Rd.
Eaton, OH 45320
(937) 456-2800