One-time financial help due to unexpected circumstances.
What is Emergency Services?
One-time financial assistance when no other resources are available – to solve urgent, short-term problems and promote self-sufficiency. Eligibility requirement: Household income is at or below 125% of Federal Poverty Guideline (individual: $15,612; family of four: $32,187)
- Rent and eviction assistance
- Move-in costs when transitioning from homelessness
- Temporary shelter if emergency housing is unavailable
- Utility assistance (including water)
- Other urgent needs as determined on a case-by-case basis
- Information and referral/short-term case management
Call (937) 341-5000 or email email@example.com for information and to schedule an appointment.
What do I need to bring?
- Photo ID
- Social Security cards for everyone in your household
- Proof of income for the last 90 days – for you and everyone in your household over the age of 18. Could include:
- Paystubs: If paid weekly – 13 paystubs | Bi-weekly – 7 paystubs | Monthly – 3 paystubs
- Child Support Printout for the last 90 days (If you have a Child Support Order the printout is required even if you are not currently receiving payments)
- Social Security or SSI Award Letter
- Public Assistance: TANF |OWF| ADCR | DA Printout including current month
- Unemployment – summary printout of current claim history
- Self-Employed – Recent IRS Form 1040 with Schedule C
- Support Provided by Others – letter with name, address, and contact information from person providing support, describing how much they give and how often
- Zero or Limited Income – Documented proof of how you are meeting your needs.
- Current lease with names of all residents
- DP&L, Water, and/or Vectren bill with account number
Montgomery County Office
719 S. Main Street
Dayton, OH 45402
New Phone Number and online scheduling beginning Monday, April 15, 2019!
Darke County Office
1469 Sweitzer Street
Greenville, OH 45331
Greene County Office
469 Dayton Avenue
Xenia, OH 45385
Preble County Office
308 Eaton-Lewisburg Rd.
Eaton, OH 45320