Legal ClinicAt no cost representation on legal issues effecting employment and other barriers
What does the Legal Clinic do?
We offer free direct legal assistance and/or representation for income eligible Montgomery County residents that are at or below 125% of the Federal Poverty Level (see chart below).
Assistance may include:
- Removing license suspensions
- Applying for a Certificate of Employment
- Sealing or expunging eligible criminal records
- Assistance in obtaining a Certificate of Qualification for Employment (CQE)
- Resolving outstanding warrants (in some cases)
- And other legal issues preventing employment and/or self-sufficiency
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Photo ID – Driver’s License or State ID
- Proof of household income for past 90 days from date of appointment for all household members age 18 and older. Income proof can include:
- Wages – Pay stubs (weekly: 13 pay stubs, Bi-weekly: 7 pay stubs; Monthly: 3 pay stubs
- Court-ordered child support – printout from agency (even if not received)
- Social Security/SSI – current award letter or copy of check/bank statement
- Retirement Pension – current award letter or copy of check/bank statement
- TANF/OWF benefits – printout from ODJFS
- Unemployment – printout with account summary
- Self-employment – most recent year’s IRS form 1040 with Schedule C
Eligibility Income Requirements
|Number in Household||Yearly Income|
How to Schedule an Appointment
To schedule your appointment please call 937-341-5000, Ext 904.
Please spell your name and include a contact phone number and/or email address. A confidential interview will be scheduled to complete the application process.
There is a current waitlist for our legal services. You will be contacted in the order in which your request was received.
Legal Clinic Events
If you are on our waitlist or need general legal advice, please check out Facebook event page for announcements of our popup Legal Clinic events.
Montgomery County Office
719 S. Main Street
Dayton, OH 45402