Montgomery County

Helping individuals minimize barriers to employment and access to other critical services by providing transportation assistance in the form of bus passes, gas cards, minor car repairs, driver’s license and vehicle registration fees and automobile insurance.

Eligibility Guidelines

  • Montgomery County resident
  • employed or unemployed, in an education/training program leading to employment, or willing and able to job search
  • car repairs must be for the purpose of employment; applicants must have: proof of ownership, registration and insurance must be in the client’s name
  • provide three written estimates from established Auto Repair shop
  • household income cannot exceed 200% of Federal Poverty Level

What do I need to bring?

  • Photo ID
  • Social Security cards for everyone in your household
  • Proof of income for the last 90 days – for you and everyone in your household over the age of 18. Could include:
    • Paystubs: If paid weekly – 13 paystubs | Bi-weekly – 7 paystubs | Monthly – 3 paystubs
    • Child Support Printout for the last 90 days (If you have a Child Support Order the printout is required even if you are not currently receiving payments)
    • Social Security or SSI Award Letter
    • Public Assistance: TANF |OWF| ADCR | DA Printout including current month
    • Unemployment – summary printout of current claim history
    • Self-Employed – Recent IRS Form 1040 with Schedule C
    • Support Provided by Others – letter with name, address, and contact information from person providing support, describing how much they give and how often
    • Zero or Limited Income – Documented proof of how you are meeting your needs.
  • Car Repair
    • Proof of ownership of the vehicle and current automobile insurance.
    • Must provide three written estimates from established automotive businesses.
  • RTA Connect – Paratransit Service.

New Phone Number and online scheduling beginning Monday, April 15!

(937) 963-9443 or

Click here to schedule an appointment

Darke County

We offer eligible customers transportation to doctor appointments.  The customers would apply for transportation through Darke County JFS and if approved then their transportation would be at no cost to them.

We also offer private transportation and the cost would depend on where they are going:

$15 one way if in the city limits of Greenville and staying in Greenville
$26 plus $1 per mile one way if in Darke County and staying in Darke County
$26 plus $2 per mile one way if in Darke County and going out of Darke County.

The customer must make at least a 24 hour reservation.  For more information please call 937-547-9129.

We have general and medical transportation (through the Area Agency on Aging) that would be available for customers 60 years of age and older.  The general transportation would allow us to take customers to social service agencies; banks, grocery, post office, or Social Security office.  There must be at least 2 individuals going together to the same place for general transportation.  We also offer medical transportation (through the Area Agency on Aging) for customers 60 years of age and older that need to get to a doctor or medical facility.  This program is meant to “fill the gap” for customers who otherwise may not be able to receive necessary medical treatment due to lack of transportation to a medical facility.  There is a suggested donation of $3.00.  For more information please call 937-547-9129.


Preble County

MVCAP contracts with Veterans Services to provide transportation for Veterans to medical appointments, mental health services and recovery services. Job and Family Services provides transportation to work related assignments.  Private transportation is available for a fee, by pre-booked appointment only. Some locations transportation is provided to include:

  • Samaritan Behavioral Health
  • Premier Health
  • Veteran’s Services
  • Preble County Mental Health and Recovery Board.

Transportation is made possible in coordination with

  • Miami Valley Community Action Partnership
  • Preble County Council on Aging
  • Preble County Job & Family Services
  • Preble County Mental Health
  • Recovery Board, Preble County MRDD
  • Veterans Affairs

Transportation is offered through several different programs to lower income, mentally or physically disabled, elderly, or veteran individuals. There is also the option of private pay for those that do not qualify for a specific program. If you are interested in learning more about Preble County’s transportation services, please call: (937) 456-2800