ALL VITA APPOINTMENTS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The federal tax filing deadline for all taxpayers and businesses has been moved from April 15 to July 15, without interest or penalties.
Updated April 3, 2020
Free Income Tax Filing
What is VITA?
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income individuals and families. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing.
Who is eligible?
- You earned $54,884 or less in 2019
- Or you have a disability
- Or you are age 60+
If you are married filing jointly, both spouses must be present in order to process the tax return.
What do I need to bring?
- Photo ID
- Birthdate for all persons listed on the tax return
- Social Security cards for you and all persons in your family included on your tax return
- Direct Deposit Information to have your refund directly deposited into your savings or checking account. Bank account and routing numbers
arefound at the bottom of your check or can be on your online banking account.
Year-End Income Statements:
- All W-2 forms for wages earned in 2019
- 1099 forms for retirement, Social Security, unemployment, interest, and miscellaneous income
Year-endamount for SSI, veteran’s benefits, worker’s compensation
Education and Child Care Credits:
- Child Care Expenses – Total paid for daycare provider and amount for each child and provider’s Social Security Number or Employer ID Number (EIN) and address
- Record of education expenses you paid for your children in grades K-12
- Tuition expenses paid for you or your child to attend a college or university (Form 1098-T)
- Student loan interest statement (Form 1098-E)
- A copy of last year’s tax return
- Any correspondence you received from the IRS in 2019
- example: 1098 or 1099 forms
- Health coverage information
- Homeowners: Mortgage interest and real estate taxes paid in 2019
*After reviewing your documents we may request additional information to file your return.