June 13, 2018
GREENVILLE—A recent financial audit of Miami Valley Community Action Partnership’s Darke County office by the Auditor of State’s office has returned a clean audit report. The Greenville office, located at 1469 Sweitzer Street, was praised for excellent record keeping to earn the Auditor of State Award.
Julie Lecklider, who is the Director of the Darke County office, was understandably pleased with the results. “This is an honor to receive this award. The staff take pride in their work and strive to do the best that they can to ensure the files are accurate.”
The Auditor of State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon completion of a financial audit. Entities receiving the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of State’s office in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records
This is the second Auditor of State Award received by Miami Valley Community Action Partnership in the last several months, with the agency’s Preble County office also being recently recognized for Fiscal Year 2017.
Miami Valley Community Action Partnership is a 501(c)3 private, nonprofit Community Action Agency, committed to eliminating the causes and conditions of poverty and promoting self-sufficiency by providing programs and services in the Miami Valley. Contact Jim Ingram at (937) 341-5000 ext.150 | James.Ingram@capdayton.org.