The Community Action Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is also a smoke and drug free workplace. The Community Action Partnership is committed to “Helping People, Changing Lives”. If you share in the value of making a difference in the lives of others, this could be the place for you.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive starting salaries
- 10-paid holidays per year
- Two days paid personal leave
- One week paid vacation after six months
- Two weeks paid vacation after one year
- Paid sick leave
- Paid life, long term disability & accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- 401K after one year
- Medical & dental insurance available – co-payment by employee
Visit our Indeed site to apply:
Public Relations and Marketing Director
Do you dream of making the world a better place through your creativity, excellent writing skills and beautiful designs? With the goal of raising the visibility of Miami Valley Community Action Partnership (MVCAP), you will play a vital role in helping us create and disseminate information resources to our partner agencies, share information about best practices in working to end poverty, and telling the success stories of our agency. You will implement the strategy for all MVCAP communications, website content, and social media to ensure the mission our agency is consistently communicated.
Education and Experience
• Four-year Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree in Marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field of study is ideal. Suitable experience may substitute for educational requirements, but the type and quality of experience must be compelling.
• Computer literate – experience with MS Office 365: Word, Excel, Outlook, creating publications, and using internet. Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher (Experience with Adobe Premier Pro or other video editing software a plus)
• Familiarity with using Content Management Systems and HTML
• Graphic design experience
• Candidate must be an exceptional writer who can demonstrate good judgment in communicating professionally and learning the style and tone of a nonprofit organization
• Valid Driver’s License & Insurable under Company policy
• Subject to criminal background check, pre-employment and random drug and/or alcohol testing
Duties and Responsibilities
• Update agency website – responsible for content, graphics, pictures.
• Develop and deploy social media content on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
• Draft press releases.
• Coordinate press contacts and press events.
• Publicize and market the programs in Montgomery, Darke, Preble and Greene Counties including making presentations to various organizations to promote understanding, visibility, and the efficacy of the agency, especially to other anti-poverty organizations in the agency service area.
• Stay abreast of media coverage focused on poverty and economic opportunity and related issues; develop ideas for stories, newsletter content, white papers, etc. and draft content.
• Organize and coordinate workshops, lectures, forums and conferences around issues affecting low-income people.
• Follow media coverage regarding the agency and develop content on success stories to share on various communication platforms.
• Consult with all staff on communication needs, platforms, and products.
• Share communications and media coverage with the National Partnership, affiliated agencies and with the Ohio Association.
• Attend meetings and events on behalf of the agency.
• Compile news coverage for board distribution and follow up on stories to develop ongoing bank of success stories.
• Generate story ideas, write and edit articles.
• Will assist the Director of Resource Development with collecting and analyzing information gathered directly from low-income individuals
• Serve on boards and committees of local organizations, agencies and government entities.
• Provide recommendations for a new Advisory Board in Montgomery County.
• Maintain and update current mailing lists of sponsors, funders, government officials, agency representatives and interested customers for agency communications.
• Plan and coordinate Community Action Day in Montgomery county and assist with Community Action Day in Greene, Darke and Preble counties.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Knowledge of community leaders and resources, functions of community and civic organizations, state and local decision makers.
• Knowledge of issues affecting low-income population and passion for community involvement.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing
• Self-motivation and ability to take initiative.
• Strong people skills, patience in dealing with the public.
• Experience conducting outreach, and creating and executing presentations.
• Flexible and effective team player, able to adapt to changes and a busy workplace environment.
• Ability to work under pressure, address multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to identify key issues in problem solving and implement effective and creative solutions.
• Maintain and promote a cooperative, harmonious, teamwork environment at Community Action Partnership
• Have availability in the evenings and on weekends when necessary
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,500.00 /year
Posted: October 22, 2018. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.