To celebrate Community Action Month, Community Action Partnership (CAP) in Montgomery County presented the “Helping People. Changing Lives.” Awards at the agency’s weatherization facility in Moraine. The awards are presented to individuals and organizations that consistently demonstrate their commitment to helping others achieve greater self-sufficiency.
“These awards allow us to recognize individuals and organizations that are doing great work in our community,” said Tim Donnellan, President & CEO of the Community Action Partnership of the Greater Dayton Area. “They give a tremendous amount to us, the people we serve and the community.”
Donnellan presented the Community Partner Awards to the following:
- Corporate Partner Award: Joyce Womack, Union Savings Bank, for working with Community Action Partnership on a Thanksgiving Day Distribution that in seven years has grown from serving 25 families to 425 families in the bank’s service area.
- Distinguished Service Award: Janet White, CityWide Development Corporation, for serving as a presenter in the agency’s Micro-Enterprise Business Development and Training Program. She gives new business owners tips on how to present themselves in order to receive additional financing.
- Public Sector Partner Award: Shanel Kelly, Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing, for working with Community Action Partnership to provide services for veterans that help them avoid homelessness and receive utility payment assistance.
Vice President & COO Joyce E. Price, CCAP presented the Direct Service Awards to the unsung heroes and sheroes of the community who daily provide outstanding customer service to low-income individuals and families in the community.
“These winners exemplify the Promise of Community Action,” said Price. “Their actions speak for themselves.”
The award winners were:
- Kathy Gooch, Dayton Public Schools;
- Beth Holten, Moving On Program;
- Monica Updike, Montgomery County Children’s Services.