To celebrate Community Action Month, Community Action Partnership in Montgomery County presented the inaugural “Helping People. Changing Lives.” awards. About 100 people attended the presentation at the Dayton/RTA Cultural Center.
President & CEO Tim Donnellan presented the Community Partners Awards to the following:
- Public Sector Partner: Montgomery County, for the county’s participation in the Homelessness Prevention & Rapid Rehousing Program (HPRP). The program provides one-time or temporary housing assistance and services to households at risk of homelessness.
- Private Sector Partner: Key Bank, for their involvement in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. VITA has helped hundreds of low- to moderate-income customers receive free tax filing assistance from trained volunteers.
- Media Partner: The Dayton Daily News, for the newspaper’s extensive coverage of housing foreclosure issues in the Dayton area. Their efforts have helped many people in a foreclosure crisis understand that help is available to them.
Vice President & COO Joyce E. Price presented the Direct Services Awards to direct services providers who have provided outstanding customer service for CAP and its partner agencies. The award winners were:
- Kimberly Beisel, CountyCorp;
- Amy Boyle, The Sunrise Center;
- James Justice, Merchants Security;
- Beverly Martin, The Wesley Center;
- Jocelyn Ortiz, Orchard at Shiloh.
Cherish Cronmiller, CAP’s Director of Resource Development, presented information on the agency’s services and the number and types of people it serves. She noted that the agency had 32,000 hours of service donated by low-income people last year, an indication of their willingness to give back to the community.
Ivy Williams, a former CAP employee, told her story of how the agency affected her life from the time she started as an unpaid college intern to the present. CAP nurtured her development to her last position as Director of Marketing. Earlier this year, Ms. Williams joined Wright Patt-Credit Union as Financial Education & Community Outreach Specialist.